Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The best wedding gift!

That’s what happens when you’re friends with both the bride and the groom- you are being pulled by both of them in a way that is worse than tug of war. I was the happiest being on planet earth when I learned two of my best friends are getting married. My euphoria became a nightmare when their wedding date began to near. Both the to-be bride and groom needed me on various occasions and both fought about whom I should attend first! The tension reached its limits when both of them wanted me to accompany them for shopping; I like a patient mother, scheduled my meeting with both of them!

I had fixed up a shopping schedule with the lady first because she obviously had a lot of things on her list. We paid visit to all the bridal jewellery shops in Delhi she has listed. And with a lot of scrutiny she finalized her wedding jewelleries from all of the shops she had listed! A necklace from one, a ring from another, and so on! Her bridal wear was a massive decision and she was dependent on me for that crucial verdict. I lost count of the number of stores we visited to nail her wedding dress. Can’t blame her, she is the bride and she is allowed to freak out and change her mind after every piece she was shown. That was precisely why I was called!

Rings for men

The day after, I had an appointment with the groom for the same purpose. He was utterly confused about everything! He looked for almost all the available options when the jeweler showed him nearly all the rings for men! He has zero knowledge of jewellery and I came to his recue just the way I helped him get an engagement ring. It took him 2 full hours to pin down one ring for himself. Thanks to the patient attendants of Hazoorilal Jewelers who did their best to help him (and me!). The rest of the shopping was easier, as he sort of knew what he wanted and with a little backing from me, he was quite fast!

Although, it was a tough time attending to both of their needs, it was a pleasure to see them both smiling on the D-Day, and no wonder, I give myself full credit for giving them that gift which no one else did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment